The development process has become effortless due to its ease of creating and modifying documents. The major benefit of using React js is, it allows one to view the changes in real time, without loading and refreshing the pages.
According to a survey conducted by StackOverflow, React js is one of the top-rated frameworks with 40.14 percent in the web framework category. Isn’t it surprising? Due to its popularity, React has expanded to several UI frameworks for building custom React components/libraries. This component enables easy integrations and helps to manage data without any botheration
Many of the top brands like Netflix, Airbnb, Instagram, PayPal, and so on are leveraging the React js Framework.
So, Today with this blog post, we will put the light on the Best React UI frameworks for 2023, and analyze each of them.
What is React UI Framework?
React UI frameworks contain a built-in set of classes and libraries, which are included in React js libraries. It consists of elements and ready-to-use components to build custom UI screens, websites, or visual elements. This UI Framework can create beautiful, responsive, and cross-platform apps without any prior knowledge, background, or experience.
Benefits of React UI Framework
The React UI framework or components has its own set of pros and cons, which we will discuss later in each section. But now in general, React Components can have many benefits while working on any project. Look at those below.
- The Ready-made components can create several functioning prototypes, without having to spend too much time on any details.
- The Developer does not have to write the code from scratch, so development is quick and effortless.
- The component library saves time, not only in prototyping but in React projects as well
- Each library provides you with a different amount of control over customizations
- By default, most of the UI frameworks are responsive. Therefore, they add cross-platform and cross-device functionality to the app.
- If we look at transparency and support, React UI frameworks are safer to use, as they are maintained by active community support.
Related Article – Benefits of using React js for Web Application
Top 10 React UI Frameworks to Know in 2023
Material UI (MUI), is the best React UI component, which consists of in-built material UI and components for designing user interfaces for React applications. It includes navigation tools, drop-down menus, and many more customizable components. It is also found that MUI improves the application speed.
MUI offers many tools and APIs for native mobile app development. Moreover, it comes with advanced theming features. You can even work with Google material system and further customize your code into CSS utilities. With the help of these tools, you can manage the styling and components usage from the exact location.
MUI features are designed to speed up the development process and enable full customization. The large community of active developers prefers MUI. Moreover, It has 82.1k GitHub Stars and 1.4 k Forks.
Features of Material UI
MUI comes with two palettes with dark and light modes so that users can see the screen effectively.
The latest features are introduced with often updates
You get the freedom to select styling components and CSS modules without any hassle
Contains prebuilt components like icons, typography, grids, etc.
Pros of Material UI
- Faster time to market
- Regular updates improve the overall interface experience
- Themes can be customized as per your need
- Consistent user experience across the devices
Cons of Material UI
- Difficult to use for operating systems like IOS and Windows
- Creating a brand image for an application might be challenging
React – Bootstrap
It is one of the oldest React UI libraries and has been maintained still. It is used to define multiple routes. It contains essential elements for creating interactive user interfaces as well as native web applications. It is an original React library, containing a vast number of components.
React bootstrap eliminates the need for jQuery and bootstrap.js dependencies. The developers can even import individual components from the library. It results in lesser code, faster development, stability, and better code management.
Thousands of Bootstrap themes are available for customization. It even enables you to design your prototype on the front end and design your projects on the back end. It is an excellent option to add Bootstrap components to your React App. It contains 21.2k GitHub Stars and 3.4k Forks.
Features of React – Bootstrap
- Accessible to Bootstrap themes
- Bootstrap components can be implemented using React js
- Contains virtual DOM insertion, all the components can be easily put into the virtual DOM
- No need for dependencies on Jquery or Bootstrap
Features of React – Bootstrap
- Avoids React rendering of the virtual DOM
- Easy to detect any changes in DOM and can be solved without any conflicts
- Does not have a dependencies burden on any other libraries like JQuery
- Saves bugs and a bit of typing by compressing the Bootstrap
Cons of React – Bootstrap
- Can be challenging to customize the components
- You might not be able to use all of its functionalities
React – Router
React router has gained huge popularity because of its declarative programming model. It contains all the routing solutions, which match the components of URLs and delivers a seamless user experience to the users.
It is one of the best React UI libraries, which provides an effortless option to handle navigation on a single page. It can be a time saver, it speeds up the application process.
Moreover, This React UI framework automatically selects the best Routes for your application. It evaluates multiple possibilities and renders the most specific routes. It has 48.5k GitHub stars and 9.5k Forks.
Features of React – Router
- Client-side routing enables a faster user experience as it does not load the entire document.
- Can define multiple routes in the application
- It can enable dynamic user experience with things like animation
- It supports HTML form workflow with client-side routing
Pros of React – Router
- As the amount of data, that render is less, the Routing between components is fast
- Animations and transitions can be easily implemented while switching between the components for providing the best user experience
- It provides a real sense of single-page applications, by loading the new page without refreshing the current page
Cons of React – Router
- It requires an external library, which means more code and more dependencies on the external packages
- The initial loading time is considerably large, as all the Routes, Components, and Html have to be loaded at once
The Ant-Design framework is basically designed for enterprise-level products. It offers access to the developer to build high-quality components and rich user interfaces. It has support for dozens of languages.
You can even customize the components as per your design specifications. This component includes buttons, icons, grids, breadcrumbs, and many more. It uses Less.js for style languages. It contains 81.1k GitHub Stars as well as 34.9k Forks.
Features of Ant Design
- It has powerful theme customizations at every step
- Internationalization support for a huge number of languages
- Ability to customize the design as per your specifications
- One and all package for design resources and development tools
- Ant Design library has more than 50 components
Pros of Ant Design
- Offers flexibility and features in designs
- Hugely popular among developers
- Expansive design libraries for front-end development
- Offers seamless integration
- Supports Typescript and provides predictable static types
Cons of Ant Design
- Sometimes, a few components don’t work as per our needs
- According to the developer, it should contain mobile-friendly components first
Semantic UI React
Semantic UI is a user-friendly framework, which simplifies the HTML into easily readable form. The development framework helps to create beautiful, and responsive layouts with human-friendly HTML. It has easy integrations with frameworks like React, and Angular. Meteor, Ember, and others.
Moreover, you get complete access to the Markup, which means you can get flexibility in customizations. It follows the principle of “develop once, redesign infinitely “ – which permits you to retool the UI toolkit. without the need to write a codebase from scratch.
It’s an open-source project on GitHub, which is useful for designing CSS stylesheets with React Framework. It contains 50.2k GitHub stars and 5.1k Forks.
Features of Semantic UI
- A UI element is basically a building block, that can appear alone or in a group.
- Its high-level variables make it easier to develop themes
- The built-in tools allow the rebuilding and redesigning of components
Pros of Semantic UI
- Semantic UI is very easy to use and intuitive
- Has a short learning curve and makes development even faster
- A large variety of themes are available for your project
Cons of Semantic
- It is not compatible with all browsers. Thus, it is less browser-friendly.
- Has smaller community support as compared to other frameworks
Grommet is basically a CSS React framework, which contains component packages for building responsive mobile websites. It contains a wide library of components. It offers modularity, attractive themes, and simplicity.
It contains an icon component that contains a large number of SVG icons for front-end development. It contains components for customizing UIs with media options, layouts, controls, and colors.
It provides both responsiveness and accessibility. The combination of both makes it a full-proof solution for building futuristic UIs. It contains 8.1k Github stars and 989 Forks.
Features of Grommet
- It dependent on External CSS for styling
- It is mobile-friendly in nature
- A wide library of components
- Theming tools contain customization of color, type, and layout
Pros of Grommet
- Responsive and accessible
- Contains multiple design templates, patterns, and sticker sheets.
- Supports customizations and flexible development
- Implements Google material design
Cons of Grommet
- Less customizable than other frameworks
- It relies on external CSS, so you have to be careful while applying global styles
Chakra UI is a modern, robust and flexible UI framework for React js. It has been introduced for designing websites and React Applications. It enables you to write code in less time.
It enables React developers to create new components efficiently. In Chakra UI, the components are customizable and reusable. It contains dark and light modes, which allows you to switch between them.
It includes various inputs, tips, and icons. It is supported by highly active developers, who are always ready to solve doubts. It contains 29.2k GitHub stars and 2.6k Forks.
Features of Chakra UI
- By default mobile-first responsive design
- Contains highly customizable themes
- Composable components make it easy to construct a large structure
- Support for dark mode, most of the components are compatible with dark mode
Pros of Chakra UI
- It is based on Typescript
- Contains Good documentation, helpful for beginners to start
- Highly extensible and customizable
- Responsive in nature
- Active community for resolving doubts
Cons of Chakra UI
- Components like switches, checkboxes, and others cannot be styled by Chakra UI
- It has already default components, so difficult to apply components when needed
Blueprint UI is basically CSS based framework, mainly designed for desktop applications. It is a complex UI, which can build data-heavy web interfaces with multiple components and modules.
Moreover, it contains a CSS library of 30 components. You can customize each with CSS to modify its styles, with options for minimal coding and scripting. The combination of visual and written guides makes it easier for the developers to go with Blueprint UI.
Blueprint UI has light and dark theme modes as well as it contains customizable design elements like classes, typography, and color scheme. It contains 19.4k stars and 2.1k Forks.
Features of Blueprint UI
Having more than 30 components that can be customized using CSS
It is written in Typescript and styled with SAAS for rapid development
Dark and light theme compatibility
Contains customizable and Reusable components
Contains a multi-touch interface for faster development of web pages and apps
Pros of Blueprint UI
- A huge number of customizable components
- Increased efficiency in building templates
- Resolved Small layout challenges
Cons of Blueprint UI
Sometimes difficult to understand the HTML and CSS
The React Admin framework is designed for building B2B enterprise-level applications. This React UI framework has the features of components built on top of the material UI framework. It allows you to easily create frontend applications that interact with your backend in the standard way.
It has excellent components for adding simple data to the complex object model. You can also customize the React admin architecture in Bootstrap. It has huge community support, which maintains it actively. It has 20.8k GitHub stars and 4.6k Forks.
Features of React Admin
- It is adapted to any backend like GraphQL, SQL, REST
- Components are highly customizable
- Easy to extend and override
- Easily integrates with other React App
- Large library of components for various data types
- Supports one-to-many and many-to-one relationships
Pros of React Admin
- Fast UI due to optimized rendering
- Supports almost all frameworks like REST, GraphQL, and more
- Supports various platforms like Redux, Material UI, and more
- Has support for data validation
Cons of React Admin
- Lacks the interface to associate may collection with a single entity quickly
React Toolbox is a set of React components, which implements Google Material design specifications. It is built on CSS modules. Moreover, you can use any bundler, but it works smoothly with webpack workflow.
Surprisingly, the documentation of Real Toolbox is created using itself, so that the users can have a live view of how it can look with real-world applications. It provides users with an in-browser editor, where you can experiment with the components in real-time.
With React Toolbox, you can choose from the React bundles as well as raw components. It contains 8.7k GitHub stars and 1k Forks.
Features of React Toolbox
- Based on Google Material design specifications
- Consists of various React components
Pros of React Toolbox
- Easy integrations and support customizations
- Offers flexible development
- Based on CSS modules
- Implements Google Material Design’s principles
- Components are customizable
Cons of React Toolbox
- With Raw components, CSS is not available, you need to provide a theme via component for styling
This is not the end of React UI Frameworks, there are even more React UI component libraries available. When you are looking for building React js app then you should hire the best React js developer, and analyze the candidate’s skills in any of the React UI frameworks.
After all, in our opinion, MUI is one of the best React UI framework offering vast components and libraries. With MUI, you can even have control over your application development.
Still, if you are having any doubts, please contact us, We UPSQODE – the leading software development company, developing future-proof React js applications for many years. We will be happy to help you.
What is React UI Framework?
React UI Framework is a set of components that can be added to UIs. React js helps the developer to build interactive user interfaces for web pages and native mobile apps.
Should You Use React js Framework?
Yes, you can use React js frameworks, it has several benefits, a few of those are :
You don’t need to write the code from scratch and if the coding time is less, then time for developing will also become minimal. Overall, you can have the benefit of faster development
What is the Best React UI Framework?
MUI is the best React UI framework, as it contains vast components and libraries support for building web applications
Is React UI or UX?
React is an open-source frontend library for building rich and interactive UIs